Thursday, January 7, 2010

Is washing your face with soap and water just as good as proactive?

i need to know if proactive is wasting money.Is washing your face with soap and water just as good as proactive?
You don't need to use Proactiv, but I wouldn't use soap either. You should use a facial cleanser made for your skin type. Good luck. 2DIs washing your face with soap and water just as good as proactive?
washing your face with soap does the same thing only it drys out your skin and makes it itch
Proactive is way overrated. It is the equivalent of most cheap drug store products but it sells for more money. I went to a Dermatologist for years and I was told to never, ever use any soap on my face because it dries your skin. Instead, I was told to use something like Neutrogena Skin Care Products, Cetaphil Lotion, Purpose Cleanser or Almay's skin care products because they are made for sensitive skin and they are all hypoallergenic so they do not cause dryness but help prevent dryness, plus they control oiliness or breakouts. I still use a lot of the Neutrogena line because it is really good for a pharmacy or ';big-box'; Wal-Mart stores. I've heard so many people say that Proactive is a waste of money but I haven't personally used it. If you have lots of acne or excessively dry skin problems, then I would suggest going to see a good Dermatologist. They can write prescriptions to help keep you from breaking out and they can also tell you the best products to use for your skin type. I was under a Dermatologist care from the time I was 11 until I turned 18, and sometimes I still have to go see one if I get a itchy rash like eczema to get a prescription cortisone or mild steroid cream. Even though many people have problematic skin, you can still use a good non-oily moisturizer, a mild toner and hypo-allergenic make-up on your face, if you wear it. However, if your skin tends to be on the dry side, all the products I have mentioned above have specific products tailored for all types of skin. I now use some of the Eucerin Redness Reducing products because I tend to have a redness tone to my skin, and the Eucerin brand has more soothing moisturizers in it without causing breakouts. I don't know if you know this, but there are only about six major skin care and make-up companies and many of them that make the pharmacy or store brands also make the ones you find in most of the high dollar department stores. If you can find a beauty consultant that has some training, she can tell you which company that make the expensive skin care products also make the pharmacy or discount store brands. I also like a brand that is called Physicians Formula because it is very gentle, hypoallergenic, and it is formulated for problematic skin by Dermatologists. You can really go-to-town with their skin care and makeup products to give you flawless looking skin. Whatever you do, don't let anyone convince you that Dove Soap is not drying even though it contains some cold cream in it. Like every other soap I've tried, Dove also dries my skin. So does Clearasil because it is made for oily skin. For my body, I really like to use Softsoap Nutraoil because it makes my body soft when I take a shower. Then, I liberally apply Neutrogena Body Oil (sesame oil doesn't dry like baby oil which contains mineral oil) all over my body. It absorbs fairly quickly, you just gently pat your skin dry and it gives you wonderfully soft skin. Well, I hope some of these suggestions I have given you are beneficial to you. I know that they have helped my skin tremendously without having to spend a ton of money. All of these products are highly recommended by Dermatologists, too, because they make gentle products for every specific skin type.
No it isnt good to do that. When you use soap and water you just move the dead skin around. So to save money use like clearasil or something from your grocery store, etc.
The skin on your face is more sensitive than the skin on the rest of your body, so washing your face with just soap and water is not good. You may get itchy, dry, or even break out. Proactive is really good, but if you don't want to spend that much money, use Clearasil facial exfoliating scrub. The one with the little orange or green beads. It smells good and works good, too.
proactive was the biggest waste of money. it only made me break out so much worse than it was before!
except for taking a shower, soap is bad for washing your face with because soap naturally dries out, and your face could do the same (kind of; not dry as the desert way). but don't use proactive (for acne), use nuetrogena.
  • viruses
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment