Thursday, January 7, 2010

Which of these soaps should I wash my carpet with?

windex


dish washing soap


pine cleaner


shampoo








thats all I have oh and body washWhich of these soaps should I wash my carpet with?
I would not use any of these, soaps leave residue and then attract more dirt, you will have spots where you cleaned. You should first try only warm water and if that doesn't work, go get a bottle of commercial carpet cleaner.Which of these soaps should I wash my carpet with?
If you mean in a spot to clean a spot 5 parts water 1 part dish soap. If your going to clean a whole room or more ';Soap'; is a bad Idea.The soap will dry sticky and well be dirtier in just a matter of days.


Use a comercial carpet cleaning solution . It does not contain soap. It contains checials that break up the dirt so you can take it up and dry with no soap residue.





I clean carpets for a living for 12 years..
None of the above, but if you absolutely had to use one of the products, use the shampoo. Carpet is a big investment. Making the wrong choice can cost you thousands.
carpet cleaner only...
If you are cleaning the whole carpet I wouldn't use any of the above.. It may attract more dirt and stain worse.. If you are only trying to clean a small section or stain... I've used diluted laundry soap about less than a 1/3 cup AND about 1/3.c of baking soda disolved in HOT water.... And I go over it a few times with clean water to extract ALL soap...





On small areas I've used my wet/dry vac... with good results.. It beats having a set in stain... I've also used on a small stain a nail brush and cheap shaving cream... Just use warm water and blot with a light towel...





Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment