Thursday, December 24, 2009

Can I use liquid soap on a cat(to wash it)?

Instead of pet shampoo.......Can I use liquid soap on a cat(to wash it)?
Yes, of course you can use it. I suggest you use Dawn, or Ajax dish soap. If this is your first time washing a cat, it will be very stressfull. You should wear protective gloves and clothes. Don't throw him into a tub of water. Firs, just gently pour some water on his back. If he's fine with that, then you can keep adding more and more water until he's ccomfortable.


Then scrub him gently with the dish soap. and pout more water. and dry and brush.Can I use liquid soap on a cat(to wash it)?
The only time you should really wash your cat is if it's too dirty to manage on its own, or its been rolling in things like oil or antifreeze.





You can use Dawn dishsoap to remove greasey buildup, but if you can, try to use pet shampoo as it's safer for their skin, eyes, ears, and bellies in case you get it in places you shouldn't, or they ingest it.
I wouldn't. Cats have very sensitive skin. If you find it necessary to wash your cat (although I have never washed a cat, since they keep themselves perfectly clean), you really should get cat shampoo.





Sorry.





Oh, in the old days before flea medicine which you put on the backs of their necks, we used to have to give cats flea baths with flea shampoo. So heed this warning. If your cat has claws or teeth, you will likely get bloodied up. And your cat will really hate you and not trust you for a while.


So be sure your cat actually needs bathing before you do it. Since cats keep themselves clean, unless he has tangled with a skunk, you really don't need to bathe your cat.





Of course, if it is for a cat show or something, I guess people do put their cats through baths.
Cat's skin is more sensitive than humans so the soap itself probably will be fine but the cat's skin afterward could become dry and irritated. I use Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo on my kitties and it works great.
I had cats. There really should be no reason to shampoo a cat unless something awful got on them. Cat's do a great job of cleaning themselves. But if you have to, use a gentle shampoo.
yes you can, my mom called the vet to ask cause our kitten had fleas, and she used dawn. it helped the fleas go down alot. but yeah you can.
Duh, you can not use dish soap on a cat! They make a special shampoo for cats, just like they do for dogs! Go to the mall or local pet store!
Sure! Once in awhile. Just rinse it out good and don't bathe your cat often. I never bathe mine so once a month would be a lot for my cats.
Yes, just make sure the shampoo is all natural before you wash him/her. There should be a label on the bottle that says it's organic or something.
I have used everything on my cat and shes not dead yet so I say yes!!!! *including liquid soap*
yes you can use down dish soap. my vet told me to use down because it kills fleas.
i wouldnt, they can have allergic reactions to it, like others have said they do have sensitive skin.
You mean dish soap? Nooooo! Kitty is not a greasy plate!

No comments:

Post a Comment